Ahhhh!! It’s a full fledged Christmas wonderland in our RV!!
I kicked off VLOGMAS with RV Christmas Decorating & RV Storage Tour. I received soooo many questions about were everything is from in the RV so I thought I’d put it in one blog post!
Most of the things are from previous years so I linked the closest one I could find! Let’s dive in!
If I missed anything you want a link to, let me know!
Also, if you missed the first days of VLOGMAS, check the videos out below!
When I started looking into the RV life, there was so much to buy. Truck accessories, RV accessories, electric accessories, ALL THE ACCESSORIES. It was a little overwhelming + daunting. Is RVing really that inaccessible to people without a solid cash flow?
Now, I'm not saying that this list is the end all be all. But these are my top used accessories/necessities so far. Three months from now, we might be looking at a totally different story - who knows?
Anyway, let's get to it: Faith's RV Must Haves
1. Hitch Alignment Balloon Kit - I don't know where I'd be without these. Actually I do: frustrated, grouchy, annoyed, & dreading every single time I had to hitch up.
2. Lightweight Generator - There's quite a few different trains of thought on creating power in your RV. Personally, I didn't need something to power my AC, large devices, or my fridge. I wanted a smaller watt generator that charges quickly via wall plug, solar, or car charger. This generator has been awesome for charging up my phone, laptop, & camera when I'm in the middle of BFE without electricity!
3. Locks - Weight distribution hitches are expensive & people tend to steal them... Another worry of mine was someone hooking their truck up to my trailer & driving off. I know it sounds crazy but it happens all the time! This lock set gives me piece of mind if nothing else.
4. US Map - This one might be a little unnecessary but I LOVE mine. Whenever I look at it I'm filled with excitement about whatever adventure lies next!
5. RV Jack Drill Attachment - Literal lifesaver y'all!!! If you have a RV without automatic leveling, your arms going to get tired REAL quick cranking away. This cheap little jack has been a lifesaver. That being said, you need a drill too. I purchased a less expensive drill & I'll link it here.
6. Workout Mat - I know part of showing up as by best self includes moving my body & getting those endorphins flowing. My favorite way includes a lot of jumping! This mat from Gorilla Mats is lightweight & portable while still saving my joints!
7. Citronella Candle - Another seemingly 'unnecessary' item...WRONG! Wait till you're trying to enjoy a peaceful sunset with a glass of wine & bugs are eating you alive. You'll thank me later.
8. Tire Pressure Monitor -When I first started looking into RV life, I kept seeing damaged trailers from tire blowouts. HELLL NO! I was scared enough learning how to maneuver a trailer around the US. This little accessory gives me some piece of mind.
Obviously this list doesn't include vitals like wheel blocks, level, sewer tank pipe, rubber gloves, etc. But hopefully it will give you an idea of some things that make RV living a little easier & more enjoyable!
Thanks for checking this out! What other questions do you have? Let's chat. Until next time!
One of the most common questions I've been getting is from people interested in the nomadic lifestyle but they have no idea where to begin. Truthfully, I felt the same way. Fifth-wheel, pull-along, van, travel trailer, camper, pop-up, WHAT?!?! How the hell do I know what I want?
Well, this list-loving gal is going to help you!!
1. Figure out how much time you'll be spending in the camper. Do you need a workspace? Will you be traveling through colder climates where you can't spend as much time outside? Are you part-time or full-time living?
2. Decide how much work you want to put into the rig & Set your budget BEFORE viewing. This will help you weed out a lot of the options. Don't be afraid to shop around: dealerships, second hand sellers, Facebook marketplace, etc. There's SOO many options so don't settle!
3. Picture your perfect space. What's in it? For me, I knew I wanted enough room to work with Honey next to me. I wanted plenty of natural light, a little kitchen to make tacos, and room for my record player.
4. When viewing the camper, does it feel like home? Do you feel the excitement building up in your tummy? Do you know where you'll put your Christmas tree? If not, NEXT!
Another cool option is to rent a rig! There are many RV's & campers you can reserve on Airbnb. Several companies also rent vans for you to try out. This way you can get a better idea of what you want in your rig before buying!
When I was looking for an RV, I toured dozens. All of them were nice, but they weren't ME. They didn't feel like home. When I saw the listing for my trailer, the facebook pictures wouldn't even load. But from the description it fit my criteria & peaked my interest. The second I walked into it, I knew it'd be my home. I pictured where Honey & I would cuddle and where my Christmas decor would go. I am so glad i didn't settle because this little rig was made for me & Honey.
Bottomline, there is no clear cut answer. You'll know your rig when you see it.
If you already have your rig: I want to know, how did you find it?! Did you know?
Alright I can’t keep this secret any longer...
Ya girl graduates in May & I could pay off my student loans if I had a dollar for every time someone asked me:
“What are your plans for after graduation?”
“Where are you settling down?”
“Have you started applying for jobs?”
“Any job offers yet?”
After a lot of thought and consideration, I’ve come to the decision that...WE’RE HITTING THE ROAD BITCH!!
That’s right, Honey & I will be traveling the US in our newly renovated camper! I’ll be taking my coaching & fit fam allllllllllll over with me via WiFi.
A lot of research & thought went into this decision and I can’t wait to share more of our plans with you guys!! For now, I just couldn’t contain my excitement
I want to say thank you to everyone who told me I couldn’t make this business work. That I wasn’t pretty, smart, skinny enough...that you for fueling me. This stubborn bish proved you wrong.
Basically it came down to: if not now, then when? I have a job that lets me go anywhere and a heart that wants to wonder. Sitting behind a desk for 8 hours a day & working towards someone else’s goals just isn’t for me. So I’m choosing to follow my HEART and fucking do this!
I would love any & all destination recommendations! I want to see everything! Where’s your favorite place?? Bonus points if there’s a hole in the wall restaurant with amazing margs!