When I started looking into the RV life, there was so much to buy. Truck accessories, RV accessories, electric accessories, ALL THE ACCESSORIES. It was a little overwhelming + daunting. Is RVing really that inaccessible to people without a solid cash flow?
Now, I'm not saying that this list is the end all be all. But these are my top used accessories/necessities so far. Three months from now, we might be looking at a totally different story - who knows?
Anyway, let's get to it: Faith's RV Must Haves
1. Hitch Alignment Balloon Kit - I don't know where I'd be without these. Actually I do: frustrated, grouchy, annoyed, & dreading every single time I had to hitch up.
2. Lightweight Generator - There's quite a few different trains of thought on creating power in your RV. Personally, I didn't need something to power my AC, large devices, or my fridge. I wanted a smaller watt generator that charges quickly via wall plug, solar, or car charger. This generator has been awesome for charging up my phone, laptop, & camera when I'm in the middle of BFE without electricity!
3. Locks - Weight distribution hitches are expensive & people tend to steal them... Another worry of mine was someone hooking their truck up to my trailer & driving off. I know it sounds crazy but it happens all the time! This lock set gives me piece of mind if nothing else.
4. US Map - This one might be a little unnecessary but I LOVE mine. Whenever I look at it I'm filled with excitement about whatever adventure lies next!
5. RV Jack Drill Attachment - Literal lifesaver y'all!!! If you have a RV without automatic leveling, your arms going to get tired REAL quick cranking away. This cheap little jack has been a lifesaver. That being said, you need a drill too. I purchased a less expensive drill & I'll link it here.
6. Workout Mat - I know part of showing up as by best self includes moving my body & getting those endorphins flowing. My favorite way includes a lot of jumping! This mat from Gorilla Mats is lightweight & portable while still saving my joints!
7. Citronella Candle - Another seemingly 'unnecessary' item...WRONG! Wait till you're trying to enjoy a peaceful sunset with a glass of wine & bugs are eating you alive. You'll thank me later.
8. Tire Pressure Monitor -When I first started looking into RV life, I kept seeing damaged trailers from tire blowouts. HELLL NO! I was scared enough learning how to maneuver a trailer around the US. This little accessory gives me some piece of mind.
Obviously this list doesn't include vitals like wheel blocks, level, sewer tank pipe, rubber gloves, etc. But hopefully it will give you an idea of some things that make RV living a little easier & more enjoyable!
Thanks for checking this out! What other questions do you have? Let's chat. Until next time!